Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

MDC may challenge (mothers day)

This one was a must do for me because i wanted to 
take the challenge and use the challenge as my mothers day 
gift for my momma
so i made a gift set for my momma 
so i guess ur asking well what is it right lol 
well the challenge was to create a altered item scrap page any thing 
really but i had to have a picture of a woman who has 
made a impact on your life and well i guess that woman is my mom 
she has all way been a guiding light in my life so 
any who i made her a alter photo frame to start then i wanted to make more 
so  made her a mini album then her mini album needed a box 
and then i wanted to make her a decoration cause any one who knows 
my mom knows she loves knick knacks i made her a bird house 
my goal was to create most of the embellishments by hand 

  
so on this photo frame i use hand made rolled roses and pearlst
trim and a molded butterfly ( i have a you tube tutorial on that) 
shabby scraps acrylic flowers pearl bows and lace butterfly's
this is the mini i made my mom it is this shape to fit inside the box i made here 
the photo frame was a RAK from crassia during Christmas time 
the flowers are all hand rolled roses i used another molded buttterfly 
and pearl trim and light pink bling 
i also made a mini album charm 
the paper i used on the whole set is chateau lavender  
and use a seam binding method 
her is the box i made 
its covered in the same paper line as the rest with lots of lace 
and hand rolled roses with a sentament from the paper line 
that says memorys and the cameo on the front is hand made by me 
i use a mold muse mold from etsy and used sculpty to make it then i painted it
this is the bird house i made my mom is is covered in the same paper line 
and compleatly covered in rolled roses an i trimed the roof in pearls 
and added a few pearl loops in the flowers 
here is a close up of the moled lace butterflys i made for this project 
you can find a tutorial on my you tube channel 
here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-1tz-CV46Y&feature=plcp
you can find the butterflys 
here:  http://www.zibbet.com/shabbyscraps?offset=3#navlink
here is a picture of the whole set



thanks for looking 
if you have any questions just ask :-) 
hugs Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment